Is it just me or does a rainy day do something good for the soul every once in awhile? Granted I would prefer it not to be on what could be a sunny day spent poolside in June. Either way, I’ll take it.
Today I’m thankful for:
- the chance to greet my little birdie with the same song I sing every morning to her. I love that we are developing our own traditions.
- my bravery in killing a spider in the basement! I used to have to psych myself up and now I just use sarcasm on them. Today it was “oh, awesome”. squish.
- lunch with some of my old high school students & friends at Qdoba!
- iced coffee–I keep seeing those McDonald’s billboards advertising $1.19 for one and can’t figure out why I haven’t tried their version yet!
- the fact that newborn girl clothes are so stinking cute that I wish they made some of them in my size. It makes getting myself dressed seem easy compared to miss Hannah’s wardrobe decisions each day.
- a hubby whose schedule allows him to work at home a bit right now.
- residual thoughts from Tuesday night’s discussion about small groups @ our church
- generous people who keep bringing us DELICIOUS food. The fruit salad we had today even had the watermelon balled. I think that is the right term for it. Either way, the fruit was cute.
I always love to hear, what are you thankful for today?Read More